Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Sick and Twisted Sing Along

I realized not too long ago that there are songs that we all sing along to, that we have no idea what they're about. This lesson was learned as I was watching a special on VH1 about the 40 Most Awesomely Bad Love Songs,, and when number 19, "All I wanna do is make love to you" by Heart came on.

I found myself humming along obnoxiously to words that I didn't really know, and then found a few syllables that I actually did. As I pieced them together, I realized that this is not a song about making sweet love to the woman that you're with. "AIWDIMLTY" (acronym) is actually a sick, twisted tale about a Married Woman who picks up a hitchiker, secudes him, and then spends the night in a motel with him. If that wasn't bad enough, they end up making a kid, and the woman convinces her husband that the kid is his! Then, years later, the woman and this kid meet the hitchiker, who recognizes the Kid has his eyes, and she tells him not to say anything, because she was just using him for his man-juice!!!

What ever happened to "Crazy on You" and "Magic Man" - good, clean wholesome whoring, without the deception and lies?!?!

No comments: